Idaho Trout Unlimited awards scholarships from its endowment fund managed by the Idaho Community Foundation. The scholarship is a one year nonrenewable award.
Starting with the 2010-11 school year Trout Unlimited is participating in a common application with many other scholarships managed by the Idaho Community Foundation. The application (click on the ICF emblem to the right) and information is available.
The deadline is March 15, 2019.
- The purpose of this scholarship is to assist graduate students pursuing an advanced degree with educational expenses at an Idaho university, with preference given to students conducting a research project that involves native or endemic coldwater fish.
- Must be currently enrolled or have been selected to matriculate as a full time graduate student pursuing an advanced degree at an accredited Idaho university.
- No members or family members of the Scholarship Committee shall be eligible for consideration
SELECTION CRITERIA: Selection will be based primarily on academic achievement and leadership potential, as well as the quality of the research project. Applicants should be able to fulfill the following:
- Is a member of Trout Unlimited;
- Have a strong record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Preference shall be given to students with a permanent address in the state of Idaho, but shall not preclude well founded outofstate applicants;
- Preference shall be given to students pursuing a research project that involves native or endemic coldwater fish;
- Preference shall be given to students pursuing a research project that will have a positive effect on species listed under the federal Endangered Species Act or are state sensitive listed or proposed species.