Idaho Trout Unlimited awards scholarships from its endowment fund managed by the Idaho Community Foundation. The scholarship is a one year nonrenewable award.
Starting with the 2010-11 school year Trout Unlimited is participating in a common application with many other scholarships managed by the Idaho Community Foundation. The application (click on the ICF emblem to the right) and information is available.
The deadline is April 1 each calendar year. We try to award one or two scholarships each year.
- The purpose of this scholarship is to assist graduate students pursuing an advanced degree with educational expenses at an Idaho university, with preference given to students conducting a research project that involves native or endemic coldwater fish.
- Must be currently enrolled or have been selected to matriculate as a full time graduate student pursuing an advanced degree at an accredited Idaho university.
- No members or family members of the Scholarship Committee shall be eligible for consideration
SELECTION CRITERIA: Selection will be based primarily on academic achievement and leadership potential, as well as the quality of the research project. Applicants should be able to fulfill the following:
- Is a member of Trout Unlimited;
- Have a strong record of academic achievement and leadership;
- Preference shall be given to students with a permanent address in the state of Idaho, but shall not preclude well founded outofstate applicants;
- Preference shall be given to students pursuing a research project that involves native or endemic coldwater fish;
- Preference shall be given to students pursuing a research project that will have a positive effect on species listed under the federal Endangered Species Act or are state sensitive listed or proposed species.