Idaho State Council of Trout Unlimited
April 7, 2018
Trophy Room, Idaho Fish and Game Headquarters
8:30 Coffee with meet and greet
9:00 Welcome & Introductions
9:10 Minutes- Approval
9:20 Treasury Report & Budget- Andy Brunelle
9:40 Michael Gibson’s Report: Sportsman Conservation, Steelhead and advocacy issues
10:45 Kira Finkler, Director – Id Water Project/Western Water and Habitat Program
Overview of project work throughout Idaho
11:45 Lunch:& Tour of Boise Project : Peter Anderson, Kira Finnkler
1:00 NLC Report Chris Jones
1:30 State Council Chair: Updates & Feedback: how can I help
2:00 Save The Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout Update
2:15 Andy Brunelle : Embrace A Stream (EAS)
2:30 Break: Favorite fly exchange
2:45 Chapter Reports: Highlights of Chapter efforts:
: Success & Challenges of Chapters: open discussion
4:15 IDFG 5 fisheries Year Plan 2019-2023
4:45 Set date and location spring meeting
6:00 Dinner with council members and any spouses or guest
Hello All, This looks like it is shaping up to be an interesting and fun ID Council meeting.
- We will meet at the IDFG headquarters in the Trophy Room ( across the parking lot from the MK Nature center ( 600 South Walnut, Boise,) at 8:30 am
- Later in the day we will take a tour of the “Cottonwood Creek daylighting project” completed by the Ted Trueblood chapter. We will eat lunch while on the tour
- We are also going to have a “ favorite fly exchange” so bring your favorite fly pattern to share with others ( one fly per participant).
We will also provide opportunity for discussion and thoughts on input for the IDFG 5 year plan( included below) the input phase of the scoping process ends April 30, 2018, a comment period will be allowed in August & Sept.
- I would be good if Chapter leaders could seek input from their members to discuss and provide input to IDFG .
- On Friday Night April 6th, at 6:00 we will meet at the Holiday Inn where we have lodging and travel from there to a local establishment ( yet to be determined) for food, drinks and camaraderie
- Saturday after the meeting some people will go out for dinner together all are invited including spouses and friends.
- A reminder to make you lodging reservation the guaranteed rate ends March 24th.